URGENT CALL TO ACTION: STOP WORLD WAR 3!
Dear Peace Activist!
On Monday, October 12th, the coordinating committee of Peace and Planet, the recently held International Conference held in New York to coincide with the United Nations meeting on the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, met in New York. Among other matters, we discussed our concerns about the present conflicts in Ukraine and Syria. There are 15 countries already involved in the fighting. Two Nuclear weapon powers are facing each other. THE DANGER OF WORLD WAR 3 IS NOT UNREALISTIC!
We agreed that we would call for the following of the global peace movement:
1. Aim for December 10th, United Nations Human Rights Day with the slogan PEACE IS A HUMAN RIGHT!
2. Global actions on the local, regional and national level, leading up to December 10th.
The US Peace Council convened several peace organizations immediately after the meeting to call for ACTIONS!
We agreed that NOVEMBER 11, the end of World War 1, should be a DAY of GLOBAL ACTIONS!
We have united on these demands:
1. Immediate diplomatic negotiations to end the conflict in Syria involving all interested parties, especially the SYRIAN GOVERNMENT, a sovereign
Nation whose people will decide the destiny of their country.
2. Removal of all NATO forces from the states bordering Russia. Dismantle NATO!
3. Remove ALL foreign troops from Afghanistan
4. Demand an end to the US strategy of global domination.
WE URGE EVERY LOCALITY TO HOLD VIGILS OR SOME PUBLIC ACTION.
NOVEMBER 11 IS A DAY DEVOTED TO END WAR!
WHETHER YOU ARE ONE, FIVE OR MORE, YOU CAN HOLD THE SIGN ALOFT: STOP WORLD WAR 3.
TOGETHER WHERE EVER WE ARE, WE MUST RAISE OUR VOICES. TOGETHER!
Alfred L. Marder
President, US Peace Council